Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Wednesday, November 4th, 2009

I decided to skip chemistry lecture after my psych study this morning because I was really tired since I only had 4 hours of sleep. I had to help harry with his math assignment that's due today. It was a little hard for me at first because I haven't done math in so long, but I managed to pull through. I think skipping my chem lecture this morning was a good decision [well, skipping in general is bad] because I know I would sleep in class anyways. Because the fact that I skip chem, I was able to stay awake through microbiology.

After microbiology lecture, I went to the library with Vivian L to do some studying and work. It was pretty successful because I got majority of the work that I want to finish done. I guess studying at the library is a better alternate than studying in res. Later on, Ryan joined us and we went to a Biology event where we get to meet our advisors. They gave us a lot of precious information and strategy to us. They encouraged us not to give up if we're struggling to hold on. One disappointing thing that they said that was a student must need a 90+% average to be even considered getting into med school. I'm pretty sure this shot a lot of people's goal. Surprisingly, I wasn't that sad about it because I saw that coming. Med school is not the only option. There are probably many more options where studying doesn't take your whole life like med school does. Either way, my concern is not really about getting into med school or not [even though it is evident that the chances are close to 0%]. It's the fact if i'm able to make it through this crappy term.

No comments:

Post a Comment