Saturday, July 2, 2011

Drifting Away

So, this so-called long weekend wasn't really a long weekend to being with.  I originally wanted to leave earlier on Friday morning (I had night class on Thursday...sigh) and take the 10:30 bus back to Toronto.  When I was about to leave, I realized that I forgot my keys in my room and locked myself out.  I promised a friend that I would lend my room for her and her boyfriend who came from Philly.  I was kinda upset with myself for being so stupid, but surprisingly I kept my cool.  I was able to get a hold of one of the management worker to get my door opened.  I had to pay 20 bucks, but it's okay.  I was just glad that she was willing to come all the way to the apartment on a holiday.

I ended up leaving at the usual time, 12:30.  It was already a rough start to this weekend, but I knew that it'll get better because it was Canada Day and there were fireworks.  My mom decided to go with my brother and I to watch fireworks.  We were supposed to meet up with some old friends, but ended up being late.  By the time we got to the park, the fireworks have started.  I guess it was a good mother-son bonding time.

After, we met up with my friends and went for bubble like last year.  It was not as fun as I expected, and shouldn't have gone at all.  It was pretty awkward and I felt like I was out of the loop.  If it wasn't for the guy who's visiting form HK, I don't think I would've stayed that long.  I was kinda irked because I actually tried to start some conversations, but they just indirectly shot me down.  I gave up in the end, so whatever.  Maybe it's a sign for me to find some new friends.  People change, and I can't expect them to stay the same forever.

1 comment:

  1. awww! i'm here! too bad I won't be in loo till 3rd week in July so I can't visit you till then... but you can always visit me when you come out or something! oh that's if you have time.... :/

    ReplyDelete