Monday, July 19, 2010

If only Toronto is a bit smaller...

Today was the first day of my job, though it's not really the 'first day' of working. All we did was a safety orientation, but of course, we get paid for it. So I basically earned $120 just sitting there listening. The orientation was really boring actually. I found out that I'm working in the processing department instead of the packaging. I'm not that disappointed because at least I know the two other guys who were in the orientation with me. But I also heard that it's a lot cooler in the packaging department.

I also found out that others got phone calls in May and June and even for a mail too! So I'm assuming that I was merely a last minute replacement. The other 2 guys also had previous working experience at Redpath. Another fact that shocked me was that they only hired around 16 people whereas last year they hired around 36. Consider myself lucky.

The only downfall about this job is the horrendous commute. Yeah, yeah I should be quite happy that I get to work in Downtown, but 1.5 hours on the TTC is obviously not amusing. If I drive there, it'll only take around 30 minutes, 40 minutes max.

I hope that this job is better than the one at Tako, but I would expect it to be hardcore labour since it's a factory job after all. At least I don't have to dip my hand into soapy-soy sauce water or do any hardcore mopping. And plus, the people at Redpath are so much easier to talk to.

No comments:

Post a Comment