Monday, June 20, 2011

Riots

Lately, there were a lot of news about the riot in downtown Vancouver as the Canucks lost their Stanley Cup finals.  I was never into hockey in the first place, though I still get updates from friends.  When I went on the internet to look at some picture of the destruction, they were pretty bad.  I think it was just as bad as the G20 protest happened in Toronto a while ago.  But honestly, it's just a hockey game.  Some hockey fans just don't think before acting.  I know it was a bit frustrating to see the Canucks lose to miserably, but have they ever thought about the aftermath and consequences?  Everyone would probably take their cellphones out and start recording and snapping photos of the whole situation.  As soon as those pictures and videos gets leaked out. you're outted.  It happened to a lot of people already, some are identified as an elite athlete in Canada (cbc.ca had an article about it).  It's sad because that athlete would probably cost him his future.

While surfing on the web, I found this viral photo of a couple kissing amid of the riot.  I think whoever snapped this photo was a genius and it probably saved Vancouver's image a little (even though the guy in the picture is Australian).  This photo reminded me of the famous photo after WWII (I think) where a random sailor kissed a lady, except the kiss in Vancouver was probably more dramatic.  The photo will probably go down into history as one of the most unexpected event.

Well, back to my boring life.  I've been holding on and trying to finish all my lab reports as quick as possible so I can start studying for my midterms.  I already finished on lab report, but I realized that I won't have a lot of time to study for my midterms.  Looks like I might have to give up some marks here and there.  Time to tank on!

No comments:

Post a Comment