Saturday, June 18, 2011

Little Ward Things

Someone made a tumblr page dedicated to little ward things.  When I first read it, it brought back many memories - the good, the bad.  So I decided to write a blog about some of those posts.

#49. Everyone's attraction to Mr. Mcalpine.
Well, the word "everyone" is pretty deceiving since I'm pretty sure most of the guys are not "attracted" to him (unless you're playing for the opposite team).  But I have to admit, he is pretty good looking (teacher wise at least).  I still remember all my female friends falling head over heels for him.  They even purposely plan to go to english whenever he's on the floor.  He was, well, pretty much the "Edward Cullen" of Mary Ward.

#27. When your unit tracker is full coloured in at the end of the year.
Thankfully, I was able to experience that for all 4 years.  It might not be a great deal to regular high school students, but for a ward student, seeing the whole page filled is a sense of great accomplishment.  In my opinion, even filling ONE box feels like it's Christmas all over again.

#26. Having that one friend with a locker near Science.
This one brings me back to grade 9, where Harry had a locker right beside science.  There is a rule where we cannot bring out backpacks into science for safety reasons.  For people who had their lockers in the basement (yup, that's me) and the first floor, it might become an hassle lugging your textbooks up the stairs.  Since Harry's locker was right beside science, we all ended up just using if whenever we go to science.  I still remember we once stuffed 9 backpacks in his locker at once.  Pretty epic, I must say.  After grade 9, his TA got relocated so we all had to suffer.  For my senior years, I ended up just leaving my stuff in french department (just across from science and that's one of the few perks of taking french).

#4. The staircase to nowhere.
There are 4 staircases in the building, but only 2 leads down to the basement.  Since my TA is in the basement, I have to take the stairs periodically.  For the first month or so during my freshman year, I always took this one staircase that seemed like it'll take you to the basement, but they really don't.  Pretty embarrassing.

#1. When you successfully survive June Rush.
I never finished all my courses early, so June Rush affected me every year in high school.  Those sleepless nights trying to complete those last few units were not fun at all.  What's more amazing is that you know you're not the only one suffering.  The amount of swollen eyes and heavy eye bags you see during May and June is ridiculously high.  No pain, no gain, I guess.

These were just a few of them and of course, I don't have enough time to comment on all of them (to be honest, I'm supposed to be working on my lab reports right now...).  Reading these posts makes me want to be a high schooler again sometimes, especially when I'm cramming for exams and/or lab reports (like now).  But I guess we all have to move on someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment